Inspired by the new techniques of creation invented by the Surrealists in 1925 (Exquisite corpse: "Each collaborator adds to a composition in sequence, or by following a rule"), we will explore the notion of unconscious and reincarnation in a networked animation art form.
- Every animation will follow this simple rule: something enter on left part of the image, cross the screen and exit at right.
- The borders of the screen should not be think as a limit, but as a continuous territory. Left part is the "input" of history, and right part is the "output" to be displayed to the next computer screen.
- For the final presentation, computers will disposed in a "loop shape", the animation will never end and go on forever in cycle. Every little work will be part of a bigger process.
- Duration of animations should be relative to the size of the display for a good flow. (about 5-10sec)
- Every computer might play a randomly different animation at each cycle (so every students will Make 3 or 4 animations), so that to see all images, a visitor need to walk around the screen in circle for many cycles.
- Possibility to break the rules and change the moving direction so the animation go backward?
- Tool: we will use a special version of PureData that will allow to showcase simple cycle animation in a network.
Each creative animation can be:
- A real time animation (CGI) made with pure data
- A movie file (shot from a camera or made with a 2D/3D animation software)
- A stop motion photographic animation
- A mix of them
For best experience, the duration of the animation should be very short ( 5 - 10 seconds )