What is Meandre
A toolkit to design multimedia projects. It uses Pure data extended programming environnment, and simplify its learning curve. Simply double click anywhere to show the pop-up menu and start patching!
How to use
Just download and extract the folder Meandre2 to your desktop.
- Double clic for quick patching menu (3 tabs= DATA/AUDIO/VIDEO)
- Auto-Hints over objects / simplified help for many objects (inside pd-extended application)
- Objects for hardware interaction (arduino/kinect/leap motion...)
- Abstraction for real time video interaction (camera zone activity, openCV analysis...)
- 3d Modeling like viewport for Gem window (camera/mouse...)
Download MEANDRE 2.6 PC
How to start
- PC and MAC: Drag and drop the file "new patch.pd" into "pd-extended" icon to start!
- Go to File -> Update every week to be sure to have the last help and lessons.(need an internet connection).
- Avoid chinese caracters in files/folder's name.
- Avoid space in files/folder's name (use - or _ instead).
- Save your projects in the main folder: PureData_MEANDRE_2.5.4 using File-> save as.
RECOMMANDED MEDIA FILE FORMAT TO USE
- MOVIES : .mov, (best performance with photo jpg or animation jpeg codec)
- PICTURES: .jpeg or .png or .tiff files
- SOUND : .wav , 44100htz, 16bit. or .mp3
- 3dMODEL : .obj
- Video/image problem on windows? install quicktime.
- Appliction doesn't start on OSX? install XQuartz
- Camera is not working in Yosemite/El Capitan (waiting for fix...)